Mary Williams Daily

Monday, July 25, 2011

QR. edmodo, piazza

This week I started looking into Edmodo as a communication system for my classes, and so far so, good. To me it almost seems like a private twitter account- I think I will still use the wiki, and you can send files and such over Edmodo, but I like the visuals of a wiki- can post videos, animations photos, etc. I will use edmodo to alert students of what they should check out on the wiki, and they can also send me homework via Edmodo, and not have everyone see it ( I think). Also Edmodo can be accessed by their smart phones- and last year I was amazed at the number of students who said they really check their email that often anymore. Then I found you could also send QR codes over edmodo- and so that has me thinking. The other thing I would like to incorporate in all this is to encourage my brighter students to help other students- Piazza - is a tools which encourages this, and I need to evaluate if I will use this, with a link to the wiki, or just the wiki in having students answer each others questions ( on problems etc.)

1 comment:

  1. Piazza seems like an interesting tool, I see that students can ask questions anonymously if they would like. I think this would help out the shy students or the ones that feel like their question might not be a very good one and would otherwise not ask. This looks like a cool site!

    ReplyDelete