Mary Williams Daily

Friday, July 15, 2011

QR coded Periodic Table

 If any of you are chemistry teachers, you may be familiar with the Periodic Table of Videos made by those good people at the University of Nottingham. Well- from my PLN, I got a photo of the table in QR code. If you have a smart phone you can take a photo of  the code for any element and it will link you to the video for that element- how cool is that!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/periodicvideos/5915143448/sizes/o/in/photostream/

3 comments:

  1. I think is a really cool idea. I've written a quick blog post about QR codes last week and how I plan on using them. If your interested in them, maybe we can share some ideas.

    http://greentaybio.blogspot.com/2011/07/qr-codes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is really cool. I love University of Nottingham's periodic table of videos, and the QR code is pushing me to update my phone to a smart phone. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool and know I know what a QR code is (or that that is its name).

    ReplyDelete