Mary Williams Daily

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lecture Presentation

This is a presentation using Sliderocket- it is an online tool that I have found very easy to use -there is a direct link to FLickr ( which I assume are creative common photos ( I hope what they say about assume doesn't come true here- but it probably will). There is a free version of this, which is what I use, but they also have a pro account which I did use on a trial basis and it has analytics where you can see how many people( students )viewed your presentation, how long at each slide etc.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, that is great!! I really do like that there's not too much info on the page and it grabs your attention! I can, however, see why you would save the original powerpoint and make it available to absent students, etc. from your twitter. There's no way an absent student would be able to "fill in the missing info" from the sliderocket presentation...but I think it seems like a great tool for your presentations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this sliderocket presentation looks awesome with the added graphics and pictures. You are totally right that students need less words in a presentation and more visuals. A colleague of mine has his students create presentations that can conatain up to 1 word. They then have to teach and elaborate more instead of just reading the slide. Using a tool like sliderocket they could get more bang for their buck with more dynamic pictures than just google (and more legal).
    I also liek how you presented this on the side of your blog. I will have to try this next week on mine. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    I really like your sliderocket presentation, and I think by having few words on the slide, the students are actually listening to the teacher rather than passively copying the slides. Also, any software that doesn't require installation and take up my disk space is a good thing. I think the advantage of webtools is that they are always available online, and even the registration process is pretty simple. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to embed YouTube videos into sliderocket presentation.
    - Vee

    ReplyDelete